The AF Store | The Maximillian Frei Memorial Library | Post Cycle Therapy

Thread: Tired all the time after CPAP.

Default Tired all the time after CPAP.

I have had a CPAP for about 4 months. I use it every night and I would say I wear it about 85% of the time. The thing is Im still tired a lot. Falling asleep when in a car or at work is not uncommon for me.

The only other thing that is a bit troubling is I seem to have a mild tightness in my chest when I feel that tired feeling come on. Could it be a heart issue?

My symtoms/condition are:

Diagnosed with OSA (obstructive Sleep Apnea)
    Been wearing CPAP for about 4 months, however never went back for a follow up after receiving the CPAP. Could it be a tritration issue?

Severe sleepiness- I can fall asleep at random periods during the day. Worse when I am "bored" or not actively engaged in some activity. Seems to come on randomly and hits hard.

Mild tight feeling in chest when feeling excessive tiredness.

I sleep about 7-7.5 hours a night. Im 6' 250lbs @ 12-13% bodyfat. 28 years old. No family history of CHF or other heart issues.

AAS history includes about 3 years of off an on use. Test, tren, eq, deca, anavar, masteron, winny, hgh, and t3 are all compounds I have used. Currently on 1000mg/wk test e and 400mg deca. I have had these symptoms for about 8 months starting with the excessive sleepiness (hence why i saw the doc re sleep apnea) and have had the tight feeling for about the last 2 months or so.

If you are still experiencing problems with being tired after using CPAP then it is possible that it has not been calibrated to your specific condition. Usually this is done during a sleep study when you would have been diagnosed with sleep apnea. The pressure delivered by the CPAP machine should have been set for you. Suggest you do a follow-up to see if this is the case.

When I first read the title of your thread, I thought that you were saying that you were always tired after having a CRAP.

I need glasses.

As to the tightness in your chest, Sleep Apnea can be linked with High blood pressure, Stroke, Heart attack, Congestive heart failure, or Cardiac arrhythmia so it would be an idea to follow though on any diagnosis or treatment which you have started. Let your doctor know that you have concerns with some tightness in your chest so that he can double-check it for you.

Senior Member Thread Starter Thread Starter brewers's Avatar

My CPAP auto titrates between 5 and 15. I was supposed to mail back a memory card form the machine and schedule a follow up, but i was lazy. Guess its time for that. The last time I had my BP checked was about a month ago and I was 118/70. None the less, the agina isnt something to blow off, so i'll go in.

Super Moderator

I moved my cpap up from 11 to 15 and felt better. I was snoring with it on and fixed it myself. You can try that but def get to the doctor.

It does sound your CPAP is not calibrated to your needs. I've been diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea and I've been using CPAP for 11 months with good results.

Senior Member Thread Starter Thread Starter brewers's Avatar

i should also mention i wear a full face mask because when i lay on my back, my nose stuffs up quick and fierce, preventing nose breathing for the most part. I think i also need a new mask because unless i wear it super tight, it leaks and makes anooying fart sounds that wake me up... lol

... are you sure the noises are coming from the mask.

Have you tried cleaning your nose and sinus cavities with a saline solution before you turn in at night?

My insurance allow mask replacement every 6 months.

I wear my mask not tight, but snug. I think it depends on where the hose is positioned that it pushes the mask away from the face that air escapes and make the fart noise.
    I sleep on my side and keep the hose between in front of my chest and a pillow. I also use a side table with wheels that I can pull towards close to the bed and push away when I wake up.