The AF Store | The Maximillian Frei Memorial Library | Post Cycle Therapy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: liquidex (arimidex) vs exemstane (aromasin)

AF Member

Default liquidex (arimidex) vs exemstane (aromasin)

Hello all,

New to the board, and new to the world of AAS. I just started taking my first test e only cycle....about 2 weeks in. I am taking 500mg/wk for 10 weeks. I have been advised by a friend to take arimidex at .25mg/ed for the duration...i just started taking the arimidex 3 days ago. another friend is telling me to take exemestane instead...can someone please tell me which is better? i want to try to limit the bloating and prevent gyno. I can get some exemestane if needed, just would like to know which way to go. I have heard that the exemstane permanately disables the estrogen receptors, and arimidex only blocks while taking it....please advise.

Stats:
    32 years old, been lifting for 10 + years.
    240 lbs, 6'1", about 10% b.f.

Thanks in advance.

Well my friend you have some research to do, but I'll give you the punch line:

Arimidex is next to useless for our needs and Aromasin is exactly what you need. AIFM works really well too.
    To see victory only when it is within the ken of the common herd is not the acme of excellence. -Sun Tzu

>
    When you register at www.theafstore.com make sure you register as an AF Board Member to get the discounted pricing.

With such a low dose of Test...why worry unless you're prone to have sides. But, doubt this since it's your first cycle. Just curious...

Oh..and what does your PCT look like...and to add...

Welcome to the board now go post up an intro!
    (status available upon request)

AF Member Thread Starter Thread Starter

So, are you saying that 500mg/wk is too low of a dose to see sides? Also, with that dose, will taking an AI hinder gains? I know it will help subdue water retention, but will i still see decent gains being my first cylce and given my stats? Please help! I am already into my third week, so i would like to know if i should be getting ahold of something else, etc...

Also, i am entering my third week, and i havent seen any effects to speak of. I feel like i am getting good pumps, but thats about it. When should i expect to see some weight gain? I have heard weeks 4-5 should be the start. Again, this is my first ever cycle.

500mg is NOT too low to see sides.
    Do not use Testosterone without an AI. Aromasin is best.
    AI's do not inhibit gains. Anti-estrogens of any kind do not inhibit gains. That's a gym myth based on people not understanding how they work.
    You will do just fine with the dose you're using. You would do better with more.
    Wait until next week for results.

>
    When you register at www.theafstore.com make sure you register as an AF Board Member to get the discounted pricing.

So, if i am currently taking arimidex at .25-.5mg ed, and i get some aromasin soon, can i just switch it out and start taking 25mg/ed of that with out seeing a break in the estro protection? Also, i mysteriously started getting a little gyno before i even started the cycle....I have no idea why, as i havent taken any hormonal supplements for a very long time. Should i add in nolva with the aromasin, or should the aromasin take care of it?

Also, am i going to be ok taking arimidex for the rest of this week? i just dont want some crazy sides and bloat to sneak up on me...

Do not add nolva. Just change to Aromasin when you get it. Raise your Arimidex to 1mg/day

>

Yes, you can just switch.

The aromasin should be adequate to control the gyno and should even reduce or eliminate it, if it's fresh. However, one cannot be certain that there are no prolactin issues involved and you might want to consider using letro for a brief while or to add in an anti-prolactin.

During the third week, I used to feel that I was "enhanced" in the gym but the PR train would be pulling out of the station as the fourth week rolled in.

One more thing....i injected in my left delt on friday...today is tuesday...yesterday it was tight just beow the bottom of my delt, and was flushed and a bit red, a little pain....today not as painful, but my skin is flushed in that area....is this something to worry about?

Just keep an eye on it. If today was better than yesterday then I'd tend to believe that it's nothing to worry about. Every once in a while, especially near the start of a new cycle, you'll get a shot which the tissues react badly to. Sometimes one can even be a little clumsy with the needle.

Gold Member

Does research shop carry Aromasin?

Gold Member

sorry ignore my question i found it on the site. =)

It seems that it is less painful, but it seems that the red, flushed area is a bit bigger than yesterday...but again, less painful. Does this sound alarming?

No but keep an eye on it in case things get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by any1uno View Post
    With such a low dose of Test...why worry unless you're prone to have sides. But, doubt this since it's your first cycle. Just curious...

Oh..and what does your PCT look like...and to add...

Welcome to the board now go post up an intro!
    I couldn't disagree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulter View Post
    500mg is NOT too low to see sides.
    Do not use Testosterone without an AI. Aromasin is best.
    AI's do not inhibit gains. Anti-estrogens of any kind do not inhibit gains. That's a gym myth based on people not understanding how they work.
    You will do just fine with the dose you're using. You would do better with more.
    Wait until next week for results.
    I couldn't agree more.

ok, maybe i am being paranoid about this....Like i said, i injected on friday in the left delt...it has been tender...then yesterday i noticed a red, flushed area below my delt. I dont know if i am just rubbing the crap out of it or what, but the area is larger now...about the size of a baseball, but is less tender than yesterday. It is a pink flushed color right on the side of my arm. Could it be cellulitus? I practice safe injections..etc...and i have had 3 injections out of that same bottle already prior to that...im confused and very nervous...

Test E should be pretty much painless at 250mg/ml, and not cause redness or heat.

i understand what you are saying, but given my symptoms, what are your thoughts? Just see what happens in the next day or so? I am just so nervous, being my first cycle and all. Is cellulitus common? or only if you dont practice sterile injecting...i mean, i wiped the bottle, i loaded it, changed needles, prepped the area, went in, aspirated, pulled out slow, but this particular one was a bleeder....does that make a difference? Wiped the blood off, then with an alcohol wipe.

Is the gear UG or HG? Was it obtained from a pharmacy or elsewhere? I've done bad shots where I nicked a blood vessel or maybe just went in weird and had pain redness, etc. Nothing to be too alarmed about. But I've also gotten infections so not something to play around wit if you don't notice improvement.

From what you've described so far, I'd be concerned but not worried. Personally, I keep augmentin on hand in case of a bad shot and I might turn to the antibiotic after about five days if the soreness hasn't made the turn. See what tomorrow brings is my suggestion. That the discomfort is subsiding is usually a good sign. A reaction is not uncommon during a first cycle or in the early stages of a cycle after a long layoff from gear.

If you practiced sterile technique then things should be basically fine. Yes, cellulitis is a possibility but a healthy immune system should be able to keep it at bay. If you ever spot reddish streaks coming from the site, seek immediate emergency help, since that would indicate blood pollution.

im planning on running

750mg test e pw for 12 weeks
    40mg dbol kickstart for 4 weeks

was planning on using 12.5mg aromasin ed to prevent bloat and gyno, do you think this dose will be enough?

thanks arnold

It's about half of what I'd use. You need to ascertain your own requirements, though, so adjust as you see fit. You might require more while running the dbol than after the dbol.