PDA

View Full Version : Testosterone and injuries

silverback88
01-18-2011, 07:19 PM
I've been dealing with some injuries as of recently. I partially tore a muscle in my forearm deadlifting about a month and a half back. I was thinking of taking 250mg of test a week to help speed up the healing. However, I cannot find any evidence that test helps recover from injuries. I've only heard that EQ and var do. But, I had a lower back injury that went away COMPLETELY after starting my first cycle which was 500mg of test e for 14 weeks.

Thoughts?

makavelli
01-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Almost all AAS will increase recovery

silverback88
01-18-2011, 08:59 PM
So do you think it'd be beneficial for me to do that then?

Jrod5150
01-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Yup

lene28
01-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Test, Var, HGH. I've never read anything about EQ but it is a testosterone derivative so it wouldn't surprise me.

makavelli
01-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Test is highly anabolic which will help increase recovery in the muscle.

silverback88
01-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Either my wrist flexor or brachioradialis. I didn't go to a doctor because I don't want to pay a grand for an MRI and have them tell me to just rest. :) The arm that was injured had an underhand grip on the bar while deadlifting, to give you an idea how it happened. The last 2-3 weeks I've layed off completely from it and I managed to curl a 30lb dumbbell with it yesterday, with no pain. So, it's not horrible. It's been about 50 days since it happened though. You're probably thinking I strained it but I FELT the tear.

I'm gonna try to do some light back work tomorrow and see how it goes.

I read the same thing about test decreasing collagen synthesis as well, but only if it's 250mg+.

After reading Franco's post, HGH FTW. Too bad I cannot afford it.

silverback88
01-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I did 125mg last night and am planning on doing 250 a week for a few weeks and then bumping it up to 500.

makavelli
01-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Either my wrist flexor or brachioradialis. I didn't go to a doctor because I don't want to pay a grand for an MRI and have them tell me to just rest. :) The arm that was injured had an underhand grip on the bar while deadlifting, to give you an idea how it happened. The last 2-3 weeks I've layed off completely from it and I managed to curl a 30lb dumbbell with it yesterday, with no pain. So, it's not horrible. It's been about 50 days since it happened though. You're probably thinking I strained it but I FELT the tear.

I'm gonna try to do some light back work tomorrow and see how it goes.

I read the same thing about test decreasing collagen synthesis as well, but only if it's 250mg+.

After reading Franco's post, HGH FTW. Too bad I cannot afford it.

When doing bent over rows or deadlifts use an overhand grip. I know that you are stronger with an underarm grip, but it can cause an injury to your forearm and bicep. That's how Dorian tore his bicep back in the '90's. I used to use an underarm grip, but switch to overarm about 10 years ago.

silverback88
01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Good advice. Thanks man. A few days ago I thought the same thing and was telling myself I was gonna deadlift with both hands overhand when I get back to it. I'm actually stronger w/ overhand grip on bent over rows but I feel my lats engage more with the underhand grip. Either way, def overhand everything for awhile.