View Full Version : elbow sleeves?

itsallgenetics
08-16-2009, 10:02 PM
where can i get some of these cheap...

fcuked up my bag, lost everything but my wrist straps :(

need elbow sleeves and belt

BIG SMT
08-17-2009, 12:22 AM
APT Pro Gear - Elbow sleeve elbow wrap elbow brace (http://www.prowriststraps.com/elbow_sleeve_elbow_wrap_elbow_brace)

I all my stuff from APT. Awesome products!

I think they still have the "2FREE" coupon going too!

2FREE discount code info: (copy/paste from my email)

15% off & a FREE set of 12" Wrist Wraps and 2" wide HEAVY Pro Lifting Straps
(No minimum order amount, buy anything) (Do not add the free gear to your cart, we'll just send it)
(This offer expires when you stop using it,...so keep using it and we'll keep it active for the holiday season)

1- Use the discount code of 2FREE (no space in code) in the "Discount Code Area"
when checking out online.

2- In the "Comments" section tell us what set of 12" Wrist Wraps you want by NAME.
Well send the 2" Pro Lifting straps automatically (Does not include the 2XH or 3XH wrist wraps)

If you place at least a $50 order (not including S/H & discount) we'll send you a 20" or 24"
set of Wrist Wraps instead of a 12" set. Place at least a $75 order and we'll send you a 36"
set of Wrist Wraps instead of the 12" or 20"/24". Place a $100+ order and we'll send you
a set of APT Knee Wraps at no cost :-)
(please specify the knee wrap design & length and if you want velcro or not)
(does not include the 2XH or 3XH wrist wraps or knee wraps)

Thats it, your done, simple and you get your order and no charge gear.

If you have product ideas that you want us to add, please let us know.

APT Pro Lifting Gear
APT Pro Gear - Bodybuilding Weight Lifting Powerlifting Strongman (http://www.ProWristStraps.com)

Alan P. Thomas, CEO
CPL, USMC 1991-1995
Semper Fi

itsallgenetics
08-19-2009, 11:49 PM
thanks bro!

itsallgenetics
08-19-2009, 11:51 PM
ive got 18-19 inch arm what size will i need?

MR. BMJ
08-20-2009, 12:50 AM
I bought the rehbands from Alan, which are on the link that Big SMT put up. I like them a lot. Definately a must have as I have gotten older:)

They have some cool shirts too!

BMJ
:bmj:

cranny
08-20-2009, 06:48 AM
ive got 18-19 inch arm what size will i need?

One more vote for APT gear. I love mine. I've also got their knee sleeves and absolutely love them.
To me their sizes run a little small. I don't consider myself having big arms at all bro (16.75":(). I ordered a set of large elbow sleeves and they will cut the circulation off in about 10min. I like them snug but not that tight. If you're 18-19 I would think at minimum XL, maybe larger. Maybe someone else could chime in that has their sleeves as well as close to the same arm size.

CJB
08-20-2009, 06:50 AM
If you're looking for joint warmth with not a lot of compression, I'd recommend Rehbands (the blue ones), or Tommy Kono's. They're both made from neoprene. If you're looking more for compression, I'd go with the APT's.

The Rehbands will run you about $70 and the Tommy Kono's will be about $40.

rmexico
08-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Just get some knee sleeves, and wear them on your elbows. You're probably a medium.

RagingBull666
08-20-2009, 09:12 AM
I will repeat what others have said; for warmth go Rehband, for compression/support go with double ply convict sleeves. SS, RB

Test-Daddy
08-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Just get some knee sleeves, and wear them on your elbows. You're probably a medium.

Thats what I did. I've got the Rehband knee sleeves but could not justify the expense for the elbow sleeves. I went and got some Mueller knee sleeves and they work great, they are a little more heavy duty than the elbow version. Got both for $35

RagingBull666
08-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Thats what I did. I've got the Rehband knee sleeves but could not justify the expense for the elbow sleeves. I went and got some Mueller knee sleeves and they work great, they are a little more heavy duty than the elbow version. Got both for $35
TD, I had hard time justifying the expense of the Rehband sleeves at first also. Then I sucked it up and bought them. I will NEVER go with a different brand. They are a different level of sleeves. It's like comparing t-ball players to pro players!! They are absolutely amazing. SS, RB

fatbackgoal
10-04-2009, 12:31 AM
I ordered the EFS heavy elbow sleeves tonight. I have never really lifted in a heavy style needing wraps so I was really unsure of what to get. Will give these a shot as I start my Wendler program and see what happens.

Blut Wump
10-04-2009, 09:01 AM
I rarely used supports but I've used knee sleeves on my elbows. They're not the same but they're better than nothing.

getjacked
10-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Ive tried them all and see literally no diff. between a $70 rehband for elbows and a $10 one from sports challet. I wear knee sleeves on my elbows from sports authority or whatever. It's a size L but I use it on my elbow, not knee. Forget what brand it is.

getjacked
10-04-2009, 11:24 AM
I've found for some reason the sleeves bother my bicep tendonitis.

tiramisu
10-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I've got the 10$ sleeves from the pharmacy and wear them at night for mild compression to bring down the swelling. For warmth they work just fine.

Aesirian
10-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I love my Rehbands. Totally different feel from any other sleeve I've used. They were actually a "godsend" when my left Biceo tendon was acting up last year. I don't use sleeves right now, 6 weeks out, but when bulking I protect everything. No major joint issues and I'm 48.

sassy69
10-05-2009, 02:27 AM
I've found for some reason the sleeves bother my bicep tendonitis.

I switched from nylon / elastic elbow sleeves to those compression bands just below the elbow on my forearms. Seems to help more than the sleeves because the full compression on my arms from the sleeves just aggravates things.

Shakes
10-05-2009, 09:08 AM
I ordered the EFS heavy elbow sleeves tonight. I have never really lifted in a heavy style needing wraps so I was really unsure of what to get. Will give these a shot as I start my Wendler program and see what happens.

Be careful on the sizing with these, EFS has been having all kinds of problems with them being sized incorrectly.

APT is your best bet for cloth sleeves (nothing beats double ply convicts) and for neoprene there are quite a few options. The old rehbands were great (blue) but the new ones are not as good (grey) - they decreases the coverage area and thickness; and also do not seem to have the same durability. TK sleeves are probably the best mid-range neoprene and are 5mm neoprene for $40/pair. Slightly more expensive than the pharmacy or sporting good store stuff, but also almost double the thickness of those products.

TheSuaveOne
10-05-2009, 11:50 AM
I wear knee sleeves on my elbows from sports authority or whatever.

Yep, I do the same. I am a cheap bastard and have found many a way to lose my gym equipment, so I go witht he cheap ones and don't feel bad if I lose them. The one's I have now are large knee sleeves, and since eliminating direct arm work, find I have to roll the top of the sleeve down my arm since they are a bit baggy on the upper arm. The elbo sleeves all gave me problems with tightness on my forearm.